The INEC Chairman in few minutes ago made a broadcast announcing the postponement of the Presidential and National Assembly election slated for today 16th February, and announce a new date of 23d February 2019.
however there are series of facts we need to know leading to this postponement, some of which will be stated below.
1. Fire incident at 3 INEC STATE Offices (Plateau, Abia and Anambra)
2. Stealing of ballot papers,
3. Arresting opposition figures.
4. Ballot papers for Niger East & Central where-about cannot be traced.
5. Over 10,000 Card Readers between Abia , Plateau and Anambra .
6. Planes carrying sensitive materials cannot land in designated airports due to weather conditions;
7. CBN overwhelmed by logistics.
information have it that there are suggestions of staggering the election while solving the problems of logistics in other state having challenges. however forces opposing to the staggering of the election is more than those supporting it.
In all this INEC had to take a bold decision of postponing the election.
I think its better the election is postponed for a than having a staggered election.
POSTPONED ELECTION IS BETTER THAN STAGGERED ELECTION IN NIGERIA